Starting Monday, June 22, you will be able to create purchases orders using FY21 funds. As some of the processes have been modified to allow transactions in two fiscal years at the same time, please take a few minutes to review the attached job aids for Creating FY21 Requisitions and Posting FY20 Invoices. The procurement team will also be hosting labs via Zoom to assist you if needed (see schedule below).
Some Things to Note as We Move into FY21:
- From June 22-30:
- You may create requisitions for purchases of long lead items, for new and ongoing service, software and other agreements where suppliers require a new PO in advance for billing purposes.
- We ask that routine supplier orders not be placed during this period because there is a good chance they’d arrive in FY20 requiring additional actions (accounting adjustments) after the fact.
- From July 1 on:
- Continue sending all PO related invoices to AP for processing: email@example.com.
- Follow the attached instructions to submit non-PO related invoices to AP.
- In your role as a requisitioner, you are to be good fiscal stewards and to use College funds prudently. Please take a few minutes to review the procurement policy here.
- Most everything needs a purchase order before engaging outside suppliers, consultants, services, etc. You may review the list of exceptions here.
- A requisition in workday starts the PO process. With the exception of purchases from our supplier punch out catalogs, all requisitions must have a quote or contract attached. (An invoice for work completed is not acceptable documentation.). The procurement policy can be reviewed here.
- Contracts must be created from an Emerson template agreement or be reviewed by Procurement in advance of signature. The contract policy can be found here.
- The pcard should not be used to procure services or goods available from our contracted suppliers. In addition, in the near future, you will receive information about updated Workday automatic notifications for pcard reconciliations and tighter compliance around pcard usage.
FY21 Requisition Lab Schedule
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for one or more of the following sessions (all times in EDT)
- Monday 6/22 from 10 to 12
- Monday 6/22 from 2 to 4
- Tuesday 6/23 from 2 to 4
- Friday 6/26 from 1 to 4
- Monday 6/26 from 10 to 12.
As always, if you have any questions, please contact us: email@example.com.